2017 Highlights | Grace Elizabeth | Alternative Wedding Photographer, Colchester, Essex
Wow, where do I even start?! Let's begin with an obvious statement though: where has 2017 gone?!
2017 has been an absolute blast of a year, and I am so, so thankful to be on this journey of learning, meeting new people, and doing what I love.
After going self-employed as a Colchester-based wedding and portrait photographer in February of 2016 just a few months before finishing my Batchelor of Arts in Photography last year, I can finally take a look back at 2017: my first very-exciting-come-very nerve-wracking, crazy, and very rewarding year as a self-employed photographer.
In 2017 I:
- Delivered 2116 photos for 30 lifestyle sessions (lifestyle was definitely my focus of 2017!)
- Took nearly 7000 photos for 8 weddings (some from 2.5 hours, some 10 hours, it varied lots this year!)
- Shot the most beautiful wedding for one of my oldest friends
- Shot at some beautiful venues, two highlights being Gosfield Hall and Hedingham Castle
- Had my work blogged in five blogs, including Easy Weddings, The English Wedding Blog, Bride and Tonic, Bespoke Bride and The Wedding Affair
- Met so many lovely little ones who arrived earth-side this year (newborn in-home sessions are my favourite!)
- Tried out Milk Bath photography, and ended up booking a few shoots from them!
- Collaborated on photographic projects with the most amazing people
- Photographed my first commercial project for Ellice Lydia lingerie
- Organised three styled shoots (basically became a wedding planner!)
- Changed my business name to something that reflected me more
- Invested in my equipment more than ever
- Did a few small photography stalls
- Got a tattoo
- Celebrated five years with my long distance other half (been together since we were 16!)
- Mentored a fellow photographer (so rewarding)
- LOVED LIFE
In 2018 I aim to:
- Have my work published in more blogs and in print (look out for an article coming in County Wedding Magazines!)
- Stop buying more photography equipment (lol!)
- Continue to book lifestyle but...
- Book MORE weddings - I have fallen in love with them!
- Organise more styled shoots
- Earn enough to go full time with self-employment
Thank you ever so much to everyone who has been a part of my journey, who has worked with me this year, who will work with me next year, and a special thanks to my family, friends, and other half, to have all supported me endlessly.
With that said, I will leave you with some of my favourite moments from 2017, between which there is also a message from Anna and Darren, a wedding couple who have quite literally just sent me this message which I think acts as a wonderful testimonial.
Happy New Year to you all, and much love, health, and happiness for 2018.